View Single Post
Old 05-20-22, 08:07 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,219 Times in 2,366 Posts
Originally Posted by Awesomeguy
I need a bike repair stand for cleaning and maintenance, with that said , I want it to be future proof so it should handle d shaped posts and carbon bikes as well ..

what do you recommend that is reasonably priced ?
Many would say that this stand isn’t reasonably priced but I would argue that it is the best value. You can buy a cheaper stand but it won’t work as well nor last as long…even in the Park line. The clamp is by far the best clamp around. It will handle a very wide range of tube sizes. The clamp force can easily be adjusted to prevent crushing the tube. And it is easier to operate single handed than the silly screw type clamps. I have that kind of clamp at home and far prefer it to the Park screw type clamps my local co-op has.

My stand isn’t the professional grade one but it is close. I paid a whole lot for it 30 years ago and have never regretted doing so.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!

Likes For cyccommute: