Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
Not sure what you mean with stack and drop. My kick is absolutely worthless. One reason why I don't do it. But it's probably more form than anything. I do work on hydration and carb loading the week before. The first Olympic I did, I really didn't plan it well and I was wiped out, barely crossed the line before time cut off. I was literally the last person to finish before the race timed out. Last Olympic I did I carb loaded the week before and I did much, much better.
That's testimony to mental and physical toughness.

Originally Posted by VegasJen
Ya, I can handle good-natured ribbing. I'm not new to the internet. But that was just unnecessary malice.

Is Addiction another section? I'll look around.
It was indeed. Addiction is the thread below; there's a whole long story behind the name but it's turned into a long-running banter thread of a few of us keeping in touch over the years. They saw me go through a ton of dating trouble and two cities and getting married, going through stages of riding or not, and so on. It features kids, pets, woodworking, cars, coffee, kitchen gear, football, and even the occasional bike.

https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...-2022-3-a.html