Old 09-07-22, 06:45 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
The ones I have are Dima, Kursk, and Truk according to my email receipts. They all seem ok. They are spilling more ink about features than they used to, so maybe it's better, but they were ok enough before.
Sorry I missed your post! It's looking more and more like this is what I'll go with. Someone said Vans look beefy but their soles are pretty thin actually.

Originally Posted by sigster
I just purchased a pair of velosambas to use with some hybrid flat/clipless pedals. They look like normal shoes but have the advantage of traditional cycling shoes with their SPD mounts, meaning you can put more power into getting to work while still looking stylish.
I tried on a pair of regular adidas sambas at the adidas outlet store this weekend, and I did not like the giant tongue - it was unwieldy and uncomfortable. Otherwise they'd be pretty awesome I think.
I've got tow cages on my bike and I find that best for my commute considering how much stopping I do and car-tangling. I don't want to have to worry about unclipping - its much easier to yank my foot out of a cage.