View Single Post
Old 09-20-21, 01:30 PM
justcynn

Bikes: Lots of Schwinns

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 250 Times in 114 Posts
[QUOTE=abshipp;22236163]I . Next build for that frame is likely going to be a fixed gear, fendered, porteur bar commuter.

The chrome single speed will be cool!

I am going to build the '84 Voyageur as an all a rounder many in this suggested. My goal for this bike is to have it function and look like a new bike but still retain the cool 80's Schwinn Vibe. Even though Its a touring model, I would most likely only carry enough gear on it to stay overnight a couple nights at a time and I don't plan to ride in the mountains or anything like that. The build plan is as follows:
'1984 Schwinn Voyageur Frame and Fork (new old stock scored on Ebay last year)
'700C black wheelset with older Shimano 105 Silver Alloy Hubs.
'700x38 Pasela Skinwalls (had planned to use these on a trek 520 but decided the 27" original equipment wheels were two nice to change out)
'Ultegra 10 Spd Medium Cage Derailleur
'Praxisworks Alba M30 50/34 Crankset with a Box Two BSA Bottom Bracket
'SRAM 11-32 10 Speed Cassette (I currently ride a 50/34 with a 11-27 and thats enough for the hills I am willing to tackle so the 32 is just a little extra in case I do encounter a bigger hill under load)
'Dura Ace 10 Spd Bar Ends
'Cane Creek SCR-5 Brake Levers
'Newer Style Specialized Power Seat that is on there now, but may get changed out for a Brooks
'Undecided on Front/Rear Racks - i have some vintage silver Blackburns but may opt for something newer style
'Undecided on Brake/Shift Housing color - most likely white
'Undecided on Bar Tape Color, most likely Black or maybe Brown if I go with a brown Seat
" I have the Shimano Cable Stops and they will have to be filed for this project to fit as another Voyageur enthusiast pointed out

Does anyone see any conflicts with this plan? thanks all!