Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
I used to have a boss that would leave after the last person left (like 15 minutes after work?) and then send email on Outlook Webmail at 9 or 10 pm from home claiming she was still at work. I knew this because I would work late every night, but I never told anyone. She'd never check my cubicle, just peek around and leave.

If I had to do it all over again I'd sell myself better. I used to work weekends, late, etc. and would never really advertise it so people never really knew how hard I worked. They new I was good at it, but they didn't know how much work I put in. At my current job I'm 'topped out' and the incentive to work 30 hours off the clock is gone, plus I'm not really allowed to just go rogue and start changing code like I did there.
I wouldn't have been able to hold back most likely. I would have responded with a "no way! you're still here? you want some of this pizza I had delivered? I'll swing it by your desk." Then followed it up a few minutes later with, "Where you b? I didn't see you at your desk and the lights are off. I left a slice there on your desk for you when you get in tomorrow morning."