Thread: Totally Tubular
View Single Post
Old 08-10-22, 08:04 AM
obuckler
“Senior” Member

Bikes: 71 Lygie—72 Raleigh Grand Prix—76 Raleigh Super Course—76 Bruce Gordon—74 Raleigh International(2)—2005 Specialized Roubaix Pro

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by smontanaro

……snip…………

The bike has the NLA Veloflex Vlaanderen tires. Dang, they are like riding on pillows. I have the replacement ProTours on my Griffon. I don't think they are as nice.
As a fan of the Vlaanderens which are NLA unfortunately I appreciate your input on the new Pro Tours. I have been looking for reviews but have not found too many. I am about to mount my last new one.

I have one with a flat to be repaired but it’s one of those not obvious leaks. No easily found source even under a magnifying class. Opened it up where the leak came out the sidewall. Nothing. Last resort which I have done before is to cut the tube and pull the whole tube, find the leak, patch it and reinstall the tube using a splice. BUT, when I opened this tube up (first time I have ever see this) they used so much glue under the seam strip it seeped inside the tire interior and made the tube stick to the casing. Could not pull the tube out. I guess I will open the tube in sections every 10 inches or so till I find the flat. What a pain.