tgot 

Bikes: 1986 Centurion Ironman, 1997 Trek 2120, Trek T1000

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
2 hours Sunday. No broken bones.
Being supremely overconfident, I've moved the rollers to open space.
Completely open space? I'm impressed. I need a wall to one side to get started and stop gracefully.

I read this thread back when it started, and thought you had tried and discarded rollers many years ago.

I pulled mine out from 10year dust catching, and finally learned to ride them. Covid-19 skills! The difference for me was *not* trying to watch TV or read or anything. I'm working through The Great Courses: Music as a Mirror of History, and listening to that leaves enough attention to stay up.

I can't take anywhere near two hours though. I think I can't move around enough, my butt and hands get sore quicker. I find 35-40 minutes to be plenty. But adding 2-3 of those into the week had to have helped.

And, I haven't learned to drink from the bottle on the rollers. I crashed while practicing. There isn't a lot of momentum involved, but I was really glad I didn't twist an ankle stepping off onto the rollers area.

I saw on the other thread discussion of resistance. As one point of reference: just rolling and speed is enough adjustment for me. I can see how a strong rider might need more, but not me yet. Strava wag's me at 160W for two hours, 199W for a 38minute climb on the road. One could always get crappier training tires to add resistance!