Old 05-05-21, 08:18 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 116 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1187:

Supposed to rain today, so I took the hybrid with fenders. First time I haven't ridden the road bike in almost three weeks. Temp was 43F with a very light wind, but other than a few sprinkles there wasn't rain on the way in. After I arrived at the client the rain started coming down pretty steady.

Yesterday afternoon I had my first goose attack of the year. I was turning onto a trail spur when suddenly a goose came at me hard. I veered back onto the main trail and she just flapped her wings against my arm, but thankfully kept her claws off of me. I decided to change my route rather than turning around and trying the spur again. There was another rider about 100 yards ahead of me that took the trail spur. I'm suspecting he riled up the goose and then when I came along I got the brunt of her anger.

I noticed in my spreadsheet that last Thursday I quietly crossed the 1,000 mile mark for the year, so that's cool.