AU Tiger

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Jari 1.5, 2017 Kona Fire Mountain

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts
Specialized Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss, Hutchinson Override

Originally Posted by whydoibike93
hi there i was wondering what tires you run on your hybrid for gravel and pavement rides? thank you.
You should get a nice variety of good suggestions. I'll offer my two cents because the two tires I run don't typically get a lot of mention on this forum.

I really like Specialized Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss. I run them in 38mm. There is also a tubed version of them available if you aren't set up for tubeless. My typical rides are on rural paved roads, many of which are shared by horse-and-buggies which really do a number on them. And many of my rides include a few miles of gravel roads in addition to the rough paved roads. The Pathfinder tires are perfect for this, with the smooth center and treaded sides. Definitely better on tarmac than gravel, but still quite capable on gravel. And they're very durable... I've currently got close to 5500 miles on the rear tire. Was planning to change it around 4000, but it still had plenty of wear left in it so I just kept it on. Looking like t'll probably end up with close to 6000.

Another option which is almost the same profile as the Pathfinder is the Hutchinson Override, also in 38mm. In fact, that's what's on my shelf waiting to go on, because the Pathfinder was backordered when I bought them. The main difference is that the center strip on the Hutchinson is textured rather than smooth like the Specialized, but not enough to make a big difference in the ride. I run them tubeless, but they're also fine to run with tubes.