rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13739 Post(s)
Liked 4,542 Times in 2,517 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Could use some prayers. Wasn’t going to post this but my wife is pretty concerned. My FIL smoked most of his life, and recently quite. He had some scares but not really sure what they were. He also has recently lost a lot of weight. A lot. Up to this point I wasn’t concerned. He has gained and lost weight before. The last time he quit smoking, he gained like 50 pounds, and then several months later lost it all again. I’ve seen him fluctuate pants sizes several times in the last 16 years. This time, however, it was pretty fast and unwarranted.

He went to the doctor and they did some kind of scan of his chest area. I’m a little confused about the details, I am not sure how many scans he has had or what kind of scans they were. The first time, it appeared he has had multiple heart attacks. He didn’t think that was possible so I guess they did another kind of scan, and it showed issues with his lungs. He got the results today and it shows some bulges that shouldn’t be there.

What I find interesting, is the doctor is not saying cancer, nor does he want to do a biopsy yet. From whatI understand they want to do another scan to see if it has grown before they do a biopsy.

I don’t really understand cancer or how it works, or how they can even test for it, but I would think if you see a growth or multiple growths in an area that it shouldn’t be you would want to do the test for cancer instead of waiting to see.

Anyways, that’s where we are at. My wife lost most her mom’s side to cancer so she’s pretty worried.