Old 12-28-19, 05:49 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Funny thing is that’s my latex tube experience as well. Butyl dies the instant it’s compromised. Earlier this year I went to check AG’s tires the day after a ride. Rear was dead. Pulled out the construction staple, easy clean tube change, done. The latex held pressure enough that the ride was finished without noticing

It depends greatly not just on frequency but nature of the flat. Her previous flat was a 3” nail that ripped a half-inch hole in her tire and put an extra smoke hole in her rim. Luckily it ONLY hit the bed of her Knot64 and the rim survived, but as it was barely at the halfway point of a large loop (of course) we had to risk going back on a boot, which barely held.

Tubeless has mostly not taken off in the tri geek community, even among those like me who experimented.
Well, the difference is that my "fix" wasn't replacing a tube, it was putting 10psi back in.

As far as the tri community, I was just read an article the other day about the adoption rate and how it differs between the pro and amateur ranks - the author compared it to wet suit use years back. Anyway, he says that, at the least, the top men are moving towards it.