MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10175 Post(s)
Liked 5,871 Times in 3,160 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I've had similar experience trying to copy position from one bike to another.

Wordle 357 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Originally Posted by seedsbelize2
Mine is the result of stem length. I keep the Paramount set up for Bob, who visits from Maine for a month each year. He really prefers a 63 cm frame, and this is a 61/62(whatever Schwinn called it). I prefer a 60. The stem is a compromise that we both can ride in relative comfort
Edit: And if I pass to the other side ahead of Bob, the bike is his to keep for when he visits Mexico. We have mutual friends close by.
Originally Posted by genejockey
That's why I ended up using the wall and the floor as fixed reference points. No plumb lines. I also have a 1/2 inch dowel, which I put on the hoods at the point where the web of my thumb would be, held in place by rubber bands. Then I measure from the center of the dowel to the back of the saddle (helps that 5 of the bikes have the same saddle).

But, yeah. Matching seems to have become more difficult. Years ago, I had the Ritchey fitted and I left it that way for a decade. Then I bought the Bianchi, and matched it as best I could. Then I took the Ritchey apart to be repainted, so the Bianchi had to be the reference when setting up the Battaglin, and rebuilding the Ritchey. Then I got the Canyon, and I thought I set it up the same, but it turns out the saddle is maybe as much as a cm higher than the others. Feels that way when I first start riding it, but I get used to it. And it's still the fastest bike. Now I'm trying to get the Litespeed to match it. We'll see.
Just ordered a used stem 1cm shorter for the “long” bike. We’ll see if that helps.