View Single Post
Old 05-19-23, 12:46 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3495 Post(s)
Liked 1,485 Times in 1,159 Posts
Some routes have quite variable weather, the types of places were cyclists might get behind or ahead of their initial planned itinerary. Those are hard to schedule if you are depending on reservations made weeks in advance.

Some places like northern California can have very consistent weather, a cyclist is more likely to be on schedule. I took a photo of my phone several years ago when I saw an entire forecast with ideal temperatures and zero percent chance of rain. That said, such places these days start to have rampant forest fires.

Bike touring often has a seasonality factor. Some places, spring and fall is when the weather is best for touring. Some places are summer only, other places mostly winter. If you can figure out how to cater to cycle touring during some seasons and in other seasons cater to other sports, that may be a factor to consider.

I think you are looking for the credit card touring crowd, the people that do not own camping gear and never will. I have no clue where they go, I am not one of them.