Old 03-04-19, 12:51 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Track workout last night at Carson on the 250 indoor track. This was a structured workout organized by the coach I use there. We were organized into groups of 3 by ability. The goal was for the three riders to launch a 500 meter sprint in a pace line to simulate winning points in a points race. The first rider would initiate a fake sprint to draw the 2nd rider to come around. As the second rider passes, the first rider accelerates and uses the 2nd rider as a lead out and passes him before the finish line. The 3rd rider tail guns the effort. We did 6 of those and rotated positions. It was a fun workout and an excellent way to practice sprints, lead outs and tactics.

One guy in my group was the same age as me and a national points race champ. So he and I were very competitive and I set a new high cadence 5 second power record in the sprint at 741 watts @ 125 rpm, speed 34 mph. The numbers are suspect due to the cadence and the PM being a Garmin Vector 2 but it is indicative. Then the coach set up a Madison practice. The ooach was on the motor and racers could practice madison exchanges and attack the motor. Some of us chose to ride behind the motor exclusively for the exercise.

Interestingly, my new Garmin showed that I need 55 hours to recover from the workout and I set a new HR record. My TSS was 122 for very little actual riding but feels like a lot more. My legs are pretty cooked this AM but no DOMS.;;yet. I will do light gym work today.