Old 03-11-18, 02:34 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
As other folks suggested, different gloves for different uses and temperature ranges.

Add some thin glove liners. Any thin woven or knit poly glove liners will help. I have one set from a ski shop bought 30 years ago, and another bought from Walgreens last winter for $5. Both work great with my Bontrager RXL Thermal gloves which are thinner than those North Face gloves. With the liners my hands are comfortable down into the mid-40s on the bike (lower than the temperate range Bontrager recommends, but it's all personal -- my hands tend to stay warmer than my toes). And the TXL Thermal gloves are comfortable in summer heat when I want to avoid sunburns.

For seriously cold rides or walking I have heavier Thinsulate insulated wind resistant ski gloves (comfortable on the bike down into the 20s), and Thinsulate insulated knit gloves that aren't wind resistant but offer more hand dexterity. The knit gloves were comfortable on my motorcycle in winter if I added windproof Gore Tex mitten shells.