Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
We just zoomed dinner together. He 'doesn't care much' about it under the circumstances, but he also acknowledged that the way things went down (spring break and stay home) there are loads of folks he didn't say goodbye to that he'll never see again. It's a weird way to end an educational career. I know for me as the one who shepherded him through it that it's weird for me.
There wasn't a pandemic when I graduated, and I only walked because my parents insisted. I sat through the graduations of significant others and siblings, so I was content with not going to mine. It was everything I knew it was going to be; one side of my face getting sunburnt with a solid mortar board line down my forehead while listening to a billionaire Alumnus give us an anecdotal, and subsequently spurious, pep talk. Then waiting to walk the stage and sweatysmile for the photo.

Everyone sees college differently though. For me, it was "just another thing" to get through, so it makes sense that I didn't really care about the ceremony.