Old 10-10-20, 12:38 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Please continue to educate me about how epidemiological stats work.

TMonk sorry dude, there's zero part of me that's not going to call out someone wishing their kid had covid as a beacon of good parenting and also zero part of me that's going to read this kind of misrepresentation about how disease stats work without calling it out.

This thread went from opining about the season going the way it did and talking about the future and ways it might be done safely to flat out whataboutism real quick.

Kill it with fire.

Translation: I've been reading about this from places that confirm my view on the internet and now I know more than those who do this as a day job. I don't want to talk about the bungling of the pandemic response in this country at the onset because I just want to focus on how inconvenient this is to me now.
Also this is not any worse than the flu.
Also also I don't understand how disease statistics work.
I made this picture below for you. 1 in a million chance of death for his profile. A very fit healthy 22 year old.
It is true, this is not my profession. It is part of my wife's (50% or so the last 6 month's) so I get some discussion at home about it. Here is the data from the CDC - and the URL so you can find it. I did crop out other age groups and genders.

If you have different data, or know this is wrong, please point to it. That death number comes with "1Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1"
You saw above CDC posted 6% have only COVID-19 - I used 10% to be more conservative.

2 weeks ago the pro racers in this profile lined up in front of my house with masks on and pieces of tape on the pavement about 10' a part. It was silly.