Old 01-13-21, 11:42 AM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Time in position matters a good bit on the TT bike for the longer segments. Shorter ones in the 5min and less range, sure, it won't matter at all. Just set it up safely and hunker down.

Just to say..........I get a lot of people always are like "If only I had a TT bike I could be a hero". They equate the purchase with the outcome.

It's more accurate to say "if I had a TT bike, and trained on it at least 50% of my rides, and have spent hours doing aero testing my position and components........and.....and.....".
Ah! But fortunately, I've spent this entire summer riding my road bike pretty aggressively. I had to start off with only doing it 2-3 minutes at a time because it was so uncomfortable and then building up from there.

My TT bike aero pads are actually a little higher than my road bike bar on which I rest my forearms (because my road bars are lower for sprinting). I run 165 cranks on both bikes, and saddle position is nearly identical.

I've only tested it out so far and am hoping to do a proper ride today, but position wise I think it should be very feasible to hold fur a good duration.
Likes For rubiksoval: