View Single Post
Old 03-12-21, 11:25 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 847 Times in 410 Posts
It's unlikely I'd buy another bike focused on 'aero' unless I lost my mind and started racing (definitely correlated). Fun to ride, but not for 70 miles. Even with a couple choices in the garage, on a long outing like that, I want the longer wheelbase, the less-extended reach and the lower gearing of my endurance bike. Those rides are not timed in my little world; I'm not going to notice 8 minutes faster on a 4+ hour ride. The bigger issue is inventory. $700 bikes are gonzo, $1300 bikes are unlikely to be found in typical sizes and $1800's are getting thin. I've had a lot of success with buying used, but I looked at Ebay the other day and, frankly, thought the market was not buyer friendly at all. Saw very few of the typical bikes I like, and the prices were, frankly, stupid rich. If I were buying now, I'd be cruising all the LBS's just to see if I have any decent options, then weighing those. Or, of course, wait. a. long. time. Was just looking at another post a few mins ago, talking about severe inventory shortages going into 2022.