Thread: New bike help
View Single Post
Old 03-12-21, 01:08 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
I wasn't familiar with this bike but after looking it up I have to say it's a whole lot of bang for the buck!! I used to do a lot of long distance cycling but that was 20 years ago so don't take this as gospel. But you got to ask yourself why you can't do that extra 20 miles on your current bike? Is it you as in you're hitting the wall after 50 miles and not re-fueling your body right? Is there something not set up right on your current bike that's causing too much pain like your saddle or handlebar height? A bike like this xplanet isn't designed to help you go further it's designed to help you get there a little faster.

So you have to look at your needs first. 1) Do I need some luggage for a overnight trip? Well a carbon frame might not be designed to carry it. 2) Do I need a stiffer frame to put more watts into the ground, or do I need a softer one so my body aches less after 70 miles? 3) Is the geometry right for me? Being hunched over = less wind resistance and if you are cycling in a team it's important. If you are by yourself sometimes having a little more upright sitting position is much more comfortable and enjoyable.

I'm not sure if you are ordering this over the internet. But with long distance bike fit is more important then brand etc. Getting a bike that fits you right will make a world of difference and I would check out a decent LBS to see what fits.