Thread: Cycling shorts
View Single Post
Old 06-14-21, 01:51 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by dkatz1
When i first took up riding, i rode in street cloths. I thought cycling cloths were silly. A few years later, I somewhow switched. And was really upset that I hadn't done so sooner. SO much more comfortable. So better at managing sweat.
I'm sure that's how you feel about it now, but that may be hindsight. If you had thought the "silly" clothes were a necessity, you might never have started biking. I have talked to people who say they'd like to bike, but they don't want to wear the clothes. Under those circumstances, I encourage them to try it in street clothes (not jeans, duh). I think they're more likely to figure out they like biking that way and then try on the clothes than they are to figure this out the other way around.

My case is a bit special--I've found the best way to ascertain the latex content of clothes is for me to put them on and see how big a rash it gives me. So. I have to avoid cycling kit out of necessity, and I get super-amused by people telling me I can't do what I'm doing in the clothes I wear.