Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,646 Times in 828 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
Ok, 20 bikes...that might explain some things. Conservatively I've probably worked on 1,000 times that. What I'm saying (again) is that if everything is straight you can't be more out of adjustment in any one spot than any other. It's gonna be bad if it's out of adjustment and good if it's not. If the hanger is bent in towards the wheel (what would happen when you dropped the bike on the drive side) it could be ok in the small cogs and then get worse as you shift up to the big cogs. I would NOT be ok, get worse, then get ok again.
I just ordered a new derailleur hanger for my Lynskey Backroad. My wife's e-bike fell on it and bent it. The symptoms? Chatter in the smaller gears only. I have a bent SRAM X7 derailleur in my attic. It ran fine on all but the two smallest cogs before I removed it. It's fascinating that my experience is so different from yours.

This is the email I sent them asking which hanger I would need.

My idiot wife knocked my Lynskey Backroad over and bent the derailleur hanger. Mine is set up for quick release rather than thru axle. Which derailleur hanger do I need to order? If you know any good divorce attorneys in the New Orleans area, I'd appreciate that info too.

Thanks,
Paul
Likes For Paul Barnard: