Old 06-19-21, 10:41 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,384 Times in 708 Posts
the shooting while riding thing with a real camera will certainly take some practice - if it's worth doing at all.

today i gave the z7 (with a small collapsible zoom) a try on the blackrapid strap. this is a route i've ridden 20 times in the last few months, so i'm super familiar with the road, traffic, etc. i fairly quickly realized that the only way to do it is to use the little stays on the strap so that when riding normally, the camera sits at the bottom of your back. to use it, you reach around and pull the front stay along the strap, which allows the camera to come around. full area AF, matrix metering, aperture priority, auto ISO, etc were the settings i started with. however, it's definitely going to take some fiddling with menus to see if it's possible to make sure those settings STAY. by the end of the ride, i was on spot metering, and most of the shots in the middle are totally out of focus due to it having entered some sort of subject tracking mode. may have been the touch screen hitting my back?

anyway, nothing interesting or even decent photographically. the weather did NOT cooperate - no light at all, heavy fog after a few days of heat and sun. it's basically dark at the end, ISO 25600.

Likes For mschwett: