Old 06-23-21, 07:31 PM
Chris Bamford

Bikes: 2021 Scott Speedster, 2001 Giant MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Deciding yes/no on a Breezer Radar Expert...

I'm contemplating purchase of a Breezer Radar Expert tomorrow; it seems to ride fine, but frankly I'm haven't enough experience with different bikes to really know. It has some equipment unknown to me; I'd sure like to hear your comments and/or any experience with this particular bike and the standard equipment.

Background info: 5'-9", 200 lb. I have an old 26" rigid MTB utility/winter bike, and the new rig is to replace my stolen-last-year Cannondale Caad-X which I quite liked. My riding is primarily urban and for fitness, mostly paved, some granular trails and light off-road. We have a nice river valley nearby and often I'll climb out and speed back in several times a session.

The Breezer in question is a medium 51 cm frame but compact geometry so apparently suitable for my height. Link HERE (I hope).

The MicroSHIFT R9 Dual Control shifters are new to me but seem OK. The cable-operated hydraulic callipers confuse me — why not all hydraulic or straight mechanical? Seems a needless complication this way.

I'm OK with the price and, around here anyway, there's few other bikes to choose from in what I want (this mainly based on my Caad-X experience: drop bars and dual chainrings plus discs). But I don't have to buy this bike if there is good reason to pass on it — my MTB will do for now.

Comments, opinions, suggestions? Thanks in advance.