View Single Post
Old 06-16-22, 01:22 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
the logic is simple, if you go over the bars when braking it means you used the front brake wrong. If you used the front brake wrong you’re probably over reliant on the back brake and don’t have the muscle memory for the 0.1% of the time when it actually matters. If you’re over reliant on the back brake take it off. Simple logic, checks out.

Go to a track and test out your emergency stop with both brakes vs just the front brake. If you can stop faster with both brakes, you aren’t using the front brake to its fullest potential and it’s potentially dangerous when sh*t hits the fan. The majority of riders are overly reliant on the back brake. My method of just getting rid of it is controversial but not contrived or ridiculous.

I've flown over the handlebars twice (first time, big hole in road at bottom of SF hill, and second time, I managed to hit a pipe in the road with my rear wheel hard enough that the rear of the bike launched me). . Neither time had I touched either brake. So obviously I should practice by disconnecting both brakes, right?

I haven't got a clue why you think any of what you're writing makes sense, but that's nothing new.

Last edited by livedarklions; 06-16-22 at 01:26 PM.