View Single Post
Old 05-29-13, 06:33 AM
Bacciagalupe
Professional Fuss-Budget

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
...and the owner of Bicycle Habitat is happy about Citi Bike. There's a couple of stations within walking distance of the shop. Here's part of a note he sent to Sadik-Khan, Via Streetsblog:

Best story today. One guy came in with his Citibike and told me he has not ridden a bike in NYC for 33 years. He bought an annual membership and at 2:30 had ridden for 2.5 hours. He recycled the bike 4 times at that point. WOW. He loved riding in the city today and wants to try tomorrow.

Today is just for blue key holders. 4 people came into the shop with Citibikes and bought helmets. A total of 12 helmet coupons redemptions at the Soho store so far.

Judging by my conversations in the shop on a beautiful first day, CITIBIKE is a hit.

I saw the article in the Post today about Frank’s bike shop. This is a concern I am hearing from other dealers. I have done my due diligence (spoke with dealers in DC, Montreal, Madison and Denver) and understand the going gets a little rough for the first few months and then comes back.

Thank you, I feel this will be a major win for all New Yorkers.