Old 12-15-21, 09:44 AM
msr_78

Bikes: Too many - most used now Litespeed Gravel & Prorace Hauser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_sr
Wishing you a speedy recovery from whatever. I get boosted tomorrow in anticipation of the arrival of omicron.
Don't skip it. I ended up testing +ve for COVID and I'm pretty sure it's Omicron, as I still work remotely most of the time, am vaccinated and always wear a mask in public, so I don't understand where I could have gotten it unless it's the supercontagious variety. Annoyingly I had the booster appointment lined up for yesterday, but the frigging virus got the jump on me. Thankfully I'm feeling almost myself now, but I guess that if I hadn't been vaccinated this would have been much worse.

Originally Posted by Steve_sr
I wasn't really expecting this before hopefully Feb/Mar 2022. $1.5K deposit was paid on 8/4/21 for a bike that I was planning on taking on a 4000 mile cross country tour starting in mid-May of 2022.
4000miles? Wow, that sounds amazing - I now understand you being "stressed" about delivery times - it'll take you a couple of rides to get it dialed in and get used to the ride, and you don't want to start an epic ride like that on a new, untried bike.
Let them know (if you haven't already) - when I mentioned I was thinking of using mine for a gravel race if I got it in time, John said they'd try and speed up the build time - actually I told them not to worry for kind of the same reasons I mention above - I would have needed a couple of rides to get all dialed in and time was just too tight.

Good luck with the trip, post pictures here!