Thread: TdMIL 2021
View Single Post
Old 12-31-21, 05:18 PM
davester

Bikes: 1981 Ron Cooper, 1974 Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 2000 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 1986 Miyata 710, 1982 Raleigh "International"

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked 1,309 Times in 491 Posts
Day 3

In the morning, Gugie and I decided to utilized the more civilized method of ascending Thor's entrance road...walking. We were only slightly slower than the two riders:

We continued on our way up King Ridge Road (and I had foolishly thought that we had almost reached the top on Day 2). The official weather forecast indicated no rain this morning but since we were riding in a cloud bank we got soaked anyway:

Finally getting over the top, we headed south towards Jenner. The sun came out and our temperatures and dispositions rose accordingly:

Andy (bolt breaker) just about to go off the precipice onto the Meyers Grade descent, with the cliffs south of Jenner in the background.

I had the world's best avocado toast + poached egg at Cafe Aquatica in Jenner.

Alas, no photos of our rush south to beat the oncoming darkness (which we failed to do). We rode the last hour to Tomales in complete darkness. Fortunately, most of that was on a road less travelled.