gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4682 Post(s)
Liked 5,802 Times in 2,286 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
Two of those 3 bikes do not have fenders?
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
I noted that with interest. In particular, I was surprised that one of those two is the Fearless Event Leader's, as he's often suggested I need to add a fendered bike to the stable for wet-weather fun and games
Hey, at least that gigantic saddle bag will keep most of the water from spraying up the crack in his backside!
DD
Originally Posted by davester
Fenders? Gugie doesn’t need any steenking fenders!
Originally Posted by Andy_K
The picture suggests otherwise.
I'd like to give him a pass because he's riding his zero bike, but I can attest that @gugie has been riding without fenders on the wet roads in Oregon recently too. Alas, I fear he has fallen away from the true faith.
I was mislead in my youth. I kept hearing over and over on FM radio that it doesn't rain in California. The last 2 TdMIL's included substantial rain.

In reality, 2 years ago I brought a pair of fenders down for the Pro Tour, but quickly realized I could have wider tires or fenders, but not both, and chose the comfort of wider tires. It's really an excellent credit card tourer except for this one fault. I had plenty of time while climbing Kings Ridge to think of splitting the fender and McGivering a solution that had part of the fender behind the fork crown and the other in front - there's just not adequate clearance there. For a good fenderline I could certainly do the same in the rear.

It would be nice not to have this happen

Last edited by gugie; 01-01-22 at 06:17 PM.