Old 06-05-21, 01:09 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,389 Times in 3,674 Posts
Originally Posted by ascherer
Perfect as the 63 feels, my 62 Mercian still feels like the best fit. Maybe it's the familiarity, I've had it since 1988.

Is it just me or are there a lot of larger frames in this thread?

Definitely some bigger ones here and I'm sure familiarity has plenty to do with it just as it keeps us on some that are a bit small until we finally manage to move out of our comfort zone and realize its bigger than we thought.

Also think our physiology has a lot to do with it, we don't always know whats good for us but our bodies do and once our mind gets on board we can get there. Funny or not, the $$$ have too much to do with it.

I was always stuck with a bit too small bikes because bigger ones were not usually in stock and special ordering one was more $$$, so I usually ended up with a size or more small. The big Merz unlatched the equation but it was again about the $$$, it was a very good deal and having bought plenty of too small bikes, I wasn't going to lose any sleep over it if it was too big, it was a Merz so I was going to have it no matter what at the price.

The big Paramount confirmed it, wasn't cheap but was a good deal and from then on the size range was moved up a couple of sizes making smallish ones only considered if a really good deal where as before cool, desirable ones were considered somewhat regardless of $$$ but not anymore.

Last edited by merziac; 06-05-21 at 01:18 PM.