View Single Post
Old 02-27-23, 03:20 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
Liked 2,556 Times in 1,068 Posts
Originally Posted by MykGrant
The forecast yesterday (Sat the 25th) said rain in the morning and at night but a nice break during the day. I didn't want to take my road bike out but the MTB would be perfect....made to get dirty. A buddy rides China Camp all the time and invited me along. Met him at the visitors center and rode for a few hours. I didn't realize how much I miss mountain biking! Good climb and realy fun decent but no snow. Felt like it though. I was worried about being cold and purchased skull cap that fits under my helmet. It was the perfect add.

China Camp trails are perfectly grooomed and well maintained, not too much mud. I'll be back there to explore some more, even in the rain.

My brain tells me that the bay area is mostly streets so I ride mostly on the road and bike trails but I may be scouting MTB trails in Marin. Great day.
Yeah, you may be able to find an MTB trail or two in Marin County.

If you head toward Mt. Tamalpais from almost any angle, you're bound to find something. Or you could buy this map, which will keep in new trails for quite some time.