Old 03-19-21, 06:11 AM
darcyjohn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Calf pain

Hi, my name is John D'Arcy and I am 60 years old and live in the UK. For the last 5 years I have been under medical investigation for calf pain when walking, this started from being an inconvenience but has now reached the point when I cannot walk more that about 20 Metres without having to stop due to intense pain. I have been seen by Vascular Surgeons who investigated PAD and I had bilateral Angioplasty but the outcome was unchanged in that I still experienced severe calf pain upon walking. I was then referred to Spinal Neurosurgeons who sent me for Lumbar Spinal MRI scan which appeared perfectly normal. Whilst researching other possible conditions I came across a medical trial about Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome, this made me wonder if this could be a possible cause of my calf pain, specifically as it mentions balance deficit and gait as part of treatment as I suffered from a left Cerebellar Stroke aged 39. This affected my balance & Coordination (particularly left sided) I was told I had a drunken gait as a result of this. From what I have researched Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome usually affects elite athletes but I still think it may be worth investigating. The really annoying this is, whilst I can barely walk 25 Metres without stopping due to calf pain I can easily cycle 30-40 Miles without any discomfort. Doctors say this points to Lumbar Spinal Stenosis but MRI says otherwise. I am desperate to get to the bottom of it as it is ruining my quality of life, Thanks John