View Single Post
Old 03-11-21, 09:58 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,019 Times in 719 Posts
When I lived in Albany the car was often an inconvenience and public transport plus a bike were all that was needed. In Rochester cars were something to keep in the driveway for the nasty days. In the country required to go get groceries and to work. Now on Long Island I can't imagine living without one since I don't trust traffic enough to feel even half safe getting to riding areas. Just have to keep an eye on costs. Last time I had to actually spend 3k to keep a car running I called up the scrap yard, accepted their 300 check for the car and put 3300 down on a new car. I really like my current high mileager, I'm going to install all new shocks, struts, sway links and steering assembly but I'll do the work myself and its 500 in parts. That'll have me at 800 in over 141k miles so worth it. Anything serious enough to cost more then a grand and I'll toss the car. Not always worth pumping money into an old car just cause its paid off.
Likes For Russ Roth: