View Single Post
Old 03-22-21, 11:19 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4828 Post(s)
Liked 7,819 Times in 3,704 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Ugh. I made some work for myself.

The utility sink has been dripping and, since I was planning on a quick trip to Home Depot, I decided to take the faucet apart so that I could grab the right replacement parts. In removing the faucet, one of the (old) captive nuts on the copper supply line snapped.

Easiest way forward is to just cut those supply lines short, pop on some new fittings and replace the faucet altogether. Unfortunately, whoever did the plumbing didn't put any shut-offs on this run, so I've gotta shut the water off for the whole house.

Oy. ******g old houses. That'll teach me to be ambitious.
You've pretty much nailed what happens to be every time a "simple repair" needs to be done at my place. Grrrr......

Years ago, my wife told a friend that I didn't have very good handyman skills. I guess I took it as some kind of challenge, because I then proceeded to do a bunch of things in our condo that proved her wrong. The condo was easy. Things were new (ish), and put together fairly well, with modern materials. Our current house is apparently held together with various layers of glue, tape, and band-aids. I regret ever opening my mouth about my ability to use tools.