Old 09-26-21, 01:45 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by argulator
Picked up a Cervelo Caledonia-5, which has almost new tubeless-ready Reserve wheels and Vittoria Rubino pro tires, which currently have tubes in them. Problem is the tires are nearly impossible to get off the rim. Nearly impossible unless you have a bench vise handy, then it's just really difficult. Roadside, not a chance.

I could set them up tubeless, but am still leery of not being able to get a tube in them roadside, if needed. Should I just toss them, or would you ride with them tubeless?
Keep practicing taking the tires off and reinstalling them in the comfort of your living room until it is second-nature. Then they won't phase you when you flat in the rain.

I don't ride any tires on the road that I couldn't dismount by hand. A lot of people wouldn't believe theirs could be, until I show them. I guess that's my party trick.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Likes For ThermionicScott: