View Single Post
Old 10-21-21, 10:02 AM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
I buy safety glasses with good wrap around and a good fit with my nose. That keeps dirt from hitting my cheek bones and ending up in my eyes. The safety glasses have been a good fit overall, and ones like the DeWalt ones for tradespeople sell for less than $15. I have clear ones and tinted ones and yellow pairs depending upon the conditions. All are bi-focal readers which I need to read the bike computer display.

Plastic lenses are easily scratched and even the special coatings sold by opticians do not really help.Glass lenses make for a heavier pair and not good for use when I am active as with bicycling and these can break and the idea of glass going into my eyes from eyeglasses is not appealing.

Polarized eyeglasses are great out on the water but then the actual polarization or filtration is strongest when the rays of the light are at a 90 degree angle and the filtration falls off rapidly at the sides. For driving I have found polarized sunglasses to be relatively worthless and of no help when their is glare from a car window or chrome bumper in front of me. My polarized sunglasses are the most expensive ones I own but they are the ones I would never use when driving or riding a bike.

And a polarizing coating does not block UVA or UVB which is what damages ones eyes and leads to cataracts.