View Single Post
Old 10-27-21, 10:11 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
might try a race again. i did one and was honest with my category and i think that was a mistake. i was dropped so early by all others in my category that it left a sour taste in my mouth. just didn't want to do that again. i think my take away from that is to pick a level or two below honest. i don't mind getting dusted, i'm not a great rider, but it just seems strange that i was getting dusted by almost all of those in the next cat down.

i am finding the events to be fun. rode another last night that was essentially a threshold ride for me.

i did an event last week, something about chasing a group of riders or being chansed wiht a 10 min lead for the chasees. i decided to be a chaser. wow was that hard. i was the last A rider but not the last rider. my goal was to reach the end before the first C rider. i read the description incorrectly and there were three laps before the last chase up one of the hills in Austria. i thought there was supposed to be only one lap and i was so darn tired. was fun though becasue i pushed myself pretty hard that day and did a vo2 max the previous day.