View Single Post
Old 12-15-21, 02:04 PM
mcours2006

Bikes: ...a few.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 235 Posts
It's a step in the right direction. More attention to the needs of cyclists is a good thing. Like livedarklions says, not a fan of the two step left turn, and if it was not a busy intersection I'd just as soon go the the vehicular left-turning lane.

I rode a couple of hundred kms over a weekend in Ottawa a few months ago and I was very impressed with their cycling infrastructure. There are segregated bike trails that traverse most of the city, as well as bike lanes. But what really impressed me was that whenever there was construction that forced a detour on the bike trails, they were actually well thought out, logical, and more or less seamless. Many of the trails had underpasses to roads so that there was no need to stop and cross. Contrast this to Toronto where I do live where there are none of the the things I just mentioned. Here, when a bike trail is closed, it's just closed. Too bad, so sad. Find another route. Many trails and routes do not connect to each other so you have to get on the road and then find the next trailhead. Our crack smoking mayor of a decade ago probably set us back a millennium when he declared war on cyclists.
Likes For mcours2006: