Old 01-27-22, 12:37 AM
molleraj

Bikes: 1993 (?) BikeE CT RoadE edition, 2007 (?) Dahon Speed D7, 2003 (?) Specialized Globe Sport, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed, 1974 Panasonic Sport Deluxe, 1982 Peugeot P8

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 79 Posts
My first recumbent, a vintage early 1990s BikeE CT RoadE edition

Very happy to have snagged this lovely light recumbent thing on a FB Marketplace ad listed as "Bike" (lol!). I picked it up for $50 in Capitol Hill and it just needed a new rear tube and tire. This is a BikeE CT RoadE edition from the early 1990s. It has a 3 speed Sachs IGH and a 7 speed cassette with a Shimano XTR rear derailleur (probably not standard; seems super high end based on my reading). Boy was changing out that rear 451 tire total hell - I had to cut the already torn existing tire to get it off and I stretched out the new tire by the radiator in my apartment before I could get it on the rim. In the past few days I finally adjusted the rear derailleur properly by tightening down the B screw and adjusting cable tension so that the chain was directed at the proper gear or in the proper orientation at each gear, especially lowest and highest. It feels great and rides great. It is less maneuverable than a folding bike, and I affectionately refer to it as a bicycle tractor trailer, but it should be great for some long rides in the DMV.

So far I have ridden it for about 21 miles - to Friendship Heights, the Rock Creek Trail, and Dalecarlia Tunnel. I plan to take it for a 30 or 40 mile tour to National Harbor in the next few weeks, weather permitting.

BikeE CT RoadE edition at Dalecarlia on the CCT
Likes For molleraj: