Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 2,308 Times in 1,118 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Ya, watch the video. 2 riders riding side-by-side on a hwy taking the full #2 lane.... while there is a bikepath right next to the hwy.
That's asking for trouble.

A Death Wish.

In my state and many others I would speculate, these cyclists were within their right to ride two abreast in a multilane road as long as it is in one lane and doesn't impede traffic. This looked to me to be a divided roadway as the line was white not yellow and there was not enough traffic that motorists couldn't use the left lane. Whether the path to the right was a pedestrian sidewalk or multiuser path is irrelevant. The cyclists IMHO were obeying the law and the imbeciles throwing things at them were not. Even if the cyclists were on the path, the moron's behavior likely would have been the same as their intentions were to harass cyclists, not vent their frustration at them.

If you feel safer riding on the sidewalk or MUP, you should stay there, but don't suggest there was a valid reason for what these nudniks did or expect others to give up their right to use the road.

Likes For Chuck M: