Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by ethet
Oh no, don't repaint it! At least not until you build it up properly and give it an honest go at its original self... (Do you have an idea of what crankset you'd like to install, and/or what flavor of drivetrain you feel suits the bike?)

If you build this bike up properly and then feel like the frame needs to be repainted: Fair play. Though there are people like me who can see the beauty in well-worn things, 'beausage'—if you will, and believe this bike would look properly smart being built up with good components as-is
Yeah, I hear ya. Ron Boi is in the area, so if I was looking for a repaint, I think it would be poetic if the builder who built and painted it originally did the refinish as well. That being said, I think it looks pretty handsome as is. It exists for a purpose, and the patina reflects that.

The build will be parts bin for now. SR post, stem as shown, likely SR bars but I have some choices. Going to use the wheelset as shown for now. I posted a silver wheelset I had made by Ben's cycles which I originally purchased for this bike, but that is currently being used on a different bike for now LOL. Also have an 80s sugino GS 144 bcd crank and SR ring that will be used to get it rolling. Nothing fancy, but the bike doesn't speak to me to be fancy. It just wants to go! Unfortunately for my budget and number of bikes in the stable I can't justify a full Campy build, or dura Ace or sugino mighty that would have been period correct. We'll see. Often times my bikes go through a evolutionary process.

Side note: BB NDS is plastic and has no teeth. Removing that bastard is going to suck!
Likes For Senrab62: