billnuke1 

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 389 Posts
!

Originally Posted by johnnyace
One incident that wasn't recounted on the Summer Tour of the Willamette Valley, was the road rager on Day 2 (Saturday morning), on River Road South, headed out of Salem. A driver in a Lexus (SUV? crossover?) was honking and irate at the rear group, but finally passed them. When he got up to Bob Freeman and I up at the front, he continued with the honking and such, with Bob yelling some choice words at him. At this point the man braked hard, rolled down his passenger side window, and as Bob passed him and I came by the window, he yelled "Get off the damn road! Next time I will run you down!" And then he sped off indignantly. I've never had an incident like this happen to me in 35 years of riding in and around the Salem area.

Later, when recounting this incident with gugie, I mentioned that I am a concealed carry holder in Oregon. For obvious reasons of weight and also being a peaceful individual, I don't choose to carry firearms while riding. But sometimes I wonder...
Belly band holster, G43 or G48…you won’t forget it’s there, but, not uncomfortable…last resort if possible…keep it on your person in case you separated from you bicycle…it doesn’t hurt to carry legally.
Likes For billnuke1: