Old 04-22-23, 08:11 PM
freckles

Bikes: BF NWT, Tern Short Haul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Not sure which DTC thread you meant.. please provide a link.

Are you trying to fit into an elevator with the 66" limit?

I will try to post some pictures of the Fiido T1 mods for my wife this weekend, looks like rain in the forecast.

I will have to measure the white, dual battery cargo bike is it is under 66" in length.

I ride in NYC metro, lots of potholes, rough pavement, sometimes gravel & metal planks that are 2"-3" tall.
Spoked wheels are lighter, but tend to get beaten up more and spokes need to be tensioned.
Cast wheels are heavier, but maintenance free until the bearings give out.
For these e-moped style ebikes, cast wheels are the way to go IMO.
Fat tires can absorb most of the road shock, unlikely that you will hit something that will damage the cast wheels unless you're traveling at high speed with heavy cargo load.

If you can be more specific about how tall you are, your usage of this compact cargo ebike purchase, maybe I would be able to offer more of my experience at to how well these might fit your purpose.
Hi,
I was referring to a post you made re- mail order Aliexpress ebikes from China (DTC- direct to consumer) showing the blue ecargo bike.

Re 66" length. Its not a tiny elevator but a tiny landing space to maneuver a bike to get it inside my door. Birds eye view, the landing space is rectangular, landing entrance is centered on the long side, my door is located on the short side.
I carry my bike up a few steps and roll it to the short side corner, opposite of my door, inside the landing space and then lift and swing the rear of bike to bring it fully inside the landing and parallel to long side to roll it backwards through my door.

I'm 5'2" but may of shrunk a bit. Inseam is about 28" I live in Los Angeles - terrible roads/car drivers and very little bike infrastructure. NYC still needs more but seemed like a bike infrastructure heaven (compared to LA) when I visited.
Usage- as a car replacement (commute/errands/heavy grocery shopping/hardware runs) and to ride up hills in local park.

What is the brand of your white cargo bike?