Old 11-11-21, 04:31 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Ultimately, I think this thread is really about what we do to motivate ourselves to ride and/or lose weight. It's a pretty complicated relationship between the two things and it's interesting how many different ways people approach it.

Also, really funny hen people try to convince everyone they have it right and everybody else has it wrong.

Like I said above, I think OP has figured out a way to use his obsession with a light bike to motivate himself to lose weight, and you have a completely different, basically opposite approach--in effect "screw the bike weight, I'll lose weight". What's really cool is you're both right.

In the last five years, I think I've lost something in the neighborhood of 45lbs. I've always been a relatively strong rider, but increasing the w/kg by decreasing the kgs is huge. In the last couple years, I've also swapped bikes for something lighter and more responsive.

Losing body weight is a long process and so gradual that it's sometimes hard to appreciate. But hoo boy does is show up on the clock. Big time.

Light bikes are fun and the reward can be immediate. It often doesn't show up on the clock, but it's certainly felt and can be a great motivator.
Likes For WhyFi: