Old 04-14-22, 07:43 PM
qwaalodge
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 79 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions

Hey, want to test the smell thing? Wear a bunch of wool and ride next to a bunch of shepherds and sheep dogs.
Lol, I would never dare. I know smell is a huge part of the reason for being chased or the seemingly random nature of it (due to the wind influencing how smell is transmitted).

Here's a 2nd opinion from an experienced handler of wolves. Results are similar since dogs are closely related to wolves anyway. It says about certain movements which I often mention (slow, gentle movements preferred). Wearing hats and glasses (like our helmets and eyewear and recommendation is none). Generally, a non-threatening stance. Did not mentioned smells but the article mentions wolves being friendlier to women and women happen to have much less body oder than men (their skin is much less conducive to bacterial growth) and women being smaller, gentler movements, higher pitched voice (in other articles), generally less threatening.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2...h=32ed4ded1aa2

I meet many of those points which would explain how I practically remained invisible, even to aggressive dogs. A natural, relaxed pedaling style at medium cadence, commuter wear, very little oder. Although I wear helmet and sometimes glasses, the glasses I wear is clear. On bright sunny rides, I'd only wear lightly shaded glasses and you can still see my eyes clearly. On most rides, I don't wear glasses at all unless it's windy.

Ironically, aggressive-looking road kits also appears aggressive and threatening to dogs.