View Single Post
Old 09-19-21, 07:47 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,366 Times in 947 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Niceholes can be worse than overtly hostile drivers. Niceholes will try to be nice and wave you ahead... while the impatient psychopath behind the nicehole swerves around into the shoulder or bike lane, floors it and clobbers you. When a nicehole insists on waving me ahead and I can see there's a potential for conflict with another vehicle, I'll put both feet down, pretend to check my phone, get off the bike, whatever it takes to make it clear that I'm not taking the bait.
They are only a problem to people who think they are saying it's safe to go. They are only yielding.

You must determine whether it's safe for you to go (like always).

Originally Posted by canklecat
I keep a single serve Mylar packet of electrolyte powder, an antihistamine, a couple of Excedrin and an asthma pill (ephedrine with guaifenesin) in my saddle bags. Takes up less room than a CO2 cartridge. Even my smallest bag will hold these few items. And I've needed them a few times, mostly to give to other people suffering from heat exhaustion and dehydration, wasp stings (Benadryl/diphenhydramine is good for emergencies, but not for routine sinus allergies), asthma attacks, etc.
Nothing in this kit is going to help with this.

​​​

Last edited by njkayaker; 09-19-21 at 07:53 AM.
Likes For njkayaker: