Old 10-28-22, 09:14 AM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
I would look at it as a body recomposition thing, thus changing your body to be more muscle, less fat. That's the idea, right? Muscle burns calories, fat does not. So IME the easiest thing to do is to put on muscle. IOW, go to the gym. Start with light weights, gradually increase the reps, then gradually increase the weights. Don't increase your calories, just your burn. There are lots of good books on weight training out there. For sure it will improve your cycling and your whole life.

I had a funny thing happen yesterday. I had a doctor's appointment. At my age, 77, doctors will ask you to stand up from a chair, because a heckuva lot of Americans can't do so unaided, especially older folks. So I just jumped out of my chair, feet a good 6" off the floor. She had quite a fun look on her face. I go to the gym and am also losing weight from doing so, BMI of 23. I've been doing pulling routines on Tuesday, pushing (which includes legs) on Thursday and Saturday. The other days, I either go for a 3-5 mile walk or ride my rollers for an hour. It's fall here in the PNW and finally raining. It's a good time to hit the gym, especially at my age.