View Single Post
Old 02-28-19, 05:47 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 910 Posts
Hate to say it, but for a long time I didn't even know what Flight Deck meant. I wondered if they had a marketing campaign for aircraft carriers, or likening bikes to planes or something.

It only took me years to get used to my Garmin Edge 500, and sometimes I just put it in my jersey pocket and forget it until after the ride (and sometimes, it clocks the car the entire 3-hour drive back from Thunder Ridge-imagine Average speed of 40 mph with a top of 72....)

Now, with all this Bluetooth stuff, they tell me my Edge 500 is obsolete.... I have to (gasp) plug it in to upload the data to a site, as the Training Center software I used to mask my lack of training is not Win10, whatever that means.

I will be switching to a "newer" Garmin, I think, as my Varia headlight is supposed to communicate with some models and alter the lighting based on speed and time of day, etc. I've not gone to the rear-facing "radar," yet, but I once rode in a pack that had 3-4 of them on at the same time, and I got very tired of hearing "car back." I always ride as if there's a car back, assume there is and give it all the room I can.

Of course, then I moved here, and for some reason, they want to double-file everything and create enemies. Unsure why, perhaps being a visible target before impact with an angry driver or something....

I have noticed, my spin cycle is a real PITA compared to road riding. Just not fun, despite the screen where I watch myself on the TdF, in Cambodia, etc.
Likes For RobbieTunes: