View Single Post
Old 11-07-19, 01:48 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Just curious ... what did she dislike about it, or didn't find inspiring or motivating? The bike or just the whole triathlon experience?
I wish I knew. She can be pretty pessimistic at times, so a couple minor things go wrong for her and she's ready to quit. But, even as recently as a week ago she seemed pretty into it. The interest in triathlons had started entirely on her own initiative and she did her first one back in 2018, so I/we figured the purchase of a TT specific bike was justified (also, because she has a 2018 Liv bike, that, like the Giant bikes, has this silly mechanical/hydraulic converter for the brakes on the front of the handlebars which prevents using clip-on aero bars). She's been getting up early to swim regularly but that has tailed off a bit too. The weather isn't great here, so she hasn't actually ridden the bike outside, just on the trainer. But, last year she was pretty consistent on the trainer. This year, nope.

It was to the point that she got me swimming and running. I like to joke that they need to do a triathlon where the swim and run are removed as I'm not too fond of those parts (particularly the swimming). Sadly, if you want to do any sort of TT type riding, you pretty much have to to triathlons where I live (Ontario). They have one official TT race per year here that I'm aware of (if someone knows otherwise, please let me know).