Old 11-08-19, 12:50 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by cgates66
Wheels...bought a set of fancy carbon wheels - I won't name names - with great hubs that were slower (for me) than an old set of Ksyrium Equipes. Didn't lose much when I sold 'em, but they were a bad match for me - when you cross the 200# barrier, the dominant parameters for performance with 'typical' cycling gear are not the same. Bought another set, much, much better, but still with niggling issues (although I kept them for aesthetic reasons), and am now onto a 3rd. Rolling resistance, system stiffness and bearing size in the hubs really matters. I'm well educated now on the important parameters for me, but the lessons were not free, and it turns out as you add requirements like this, the field of choice narrows considerably.

BTW, I still have those Ksyriums from ca. 2007, have never done maintenance on them, and they are still nice to ride, true etc. Pretty good engineering, there.
I don’t see why you shouldn’t name names here. It will help people avoid making the same mistake as you. At the very least, what hub was it that you ended up liking?